Media Blasting Services
Mole•Master™ Services Corporation is highly skilled in determining the media blasting solution that will work best for your specific application and can provide these services for any project, large or small.
Media Blasting, which is suitable for a wide range of surfaces such as silo and bin interiors and exteriors, is typically performed for at least one of three reasons:
- Cleaning a surface
- Preparing a surface for painting
- Controlling erosion of a surface
Media blasting historically was referred to as sand blasting. But sand used as a blasting media has been determined a potential health hazard. Mole•Master Services Corporation DOES NOT USE SAND as a media for any of our surface cleaning projects.
Depending on the surface, the environment and the final objective, there are a variety of materials that can be used in media blasting, which is divided into two categories:
- Includes any and all media EXCEPT dry ice
- Comprises a broad array of media such as:
- Sodium bicarbonate (or soda blasting)
- Walnut shells
- Glass beads
- Used for a wide array of applications and environments
Dry Ice Blasting
- Employs low-abrasive media using CO2 (dry ice) pellets in a high velocity
- Offers elimination of messy cleanup as a major advantage because Dry Ice evaporates at impact
- Can save media-cleaning related time and cost
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications, such as:
- Mold cleaning
- Food processing
- Ethanol plants
Contact your Mole•Master media blasting specialist now for recommendations on the appropriate process and media for your application.